


Hi, this is Munz reporting live from HCMC~
(no, those few pictures are not me.... hahahhaha)

this is me, sitting in front..
Woken up by the sounds of machine (downstairs is a bakery, managed by Dee Dee's daddy) and motorcycles at 7 plus... Couldnt fall back asleep coz of the urge to have the morning pee...
Wanted to wake Dee up to ask her the time, but decided to stand up and look for my own watch in the luggage instead. Had leg muscle cramp before that.. =.=
Anyway, my morning bath was a lil rushed, no thanks to the rather low pressure of water in the shower.. Dee Dee's dad kept hurrying us up for breakfast.. Thought that the lady who's supposed to guide us around town is already waiting for us.. But it was not so.. because after we had our breakfast outside and back to the house, I'm still here, blogging about the morning...
We had baguette filled with vegies, egg, meat, chili sauce, chicken floss, soya sauce and some other ingredients... We also had passionfruit drink (which was dam sweet) and Vietnamese tea (I'm not sure what kind of tea, lemongrass perhaps?) We sat at Chang's mother's stall / house and had our breakfast there... The stall / house is just a couple of steps away from Dee Dee dad's place... Quite a small, walking distance reachable lil area... something I've never experienced in my KL living life style.. hm.....
The houses' area here are not wide.. rather, they rise vertically... consisting of three to four storeys... and they are placed side by side of each other, compacted.. seemingly a very closely knitted township... =) as though everyone would know who and what everyone else is up to..

People here can just sit in front of (main gate) their houses and just lepak the day away... Eating, drinking or people watching... And all the while, motorcycles, cars, vans, lorries, taxis drive by.. People just seem to have places to go.. and I wonder where are they heading to...
Met Chang yesterday.. Chang is a 19 year old local who's studying Tourism in college.. Speaks English, but not fluently.. Friendly and helpful.. Dee Dee's dad always frequents her mom's place.. that's where he learnt the local language and thats how Chang learnt and practiced her English..

Had seafood at a restaurant called Ngoc Soung Marina in District 1 (which is like the main area in HCMC).. The food's very tasty.. and especially the prawns, freaking fresh!




We had salad, which is vegetables and fish meat wrapped in rice paper dipped in sauce.. My first taste of it, I found it to be weird... but I told myself, gotta give it another chance before rejecting it, right? Its not like it's not tasty but I'd say you gotta have it a few times to get used to it.. hehe
We had hotpot, which has vegies, prawns, and clams.. the broth's tasty~
Then we had fried rice, which is rather bland...
Fried soft shell crab was heaven, especially the body part.. hehe
All in all it was Rm30+ per person.. quite the cheap? hehehe
Had local coffee at a cafe that is just beside Dee Dee's dad's place.. The ambiance, deco was very much like Balinese, with lots of trees, wooden furniture.. very romantic at night..

The view in the morning..

Ordered milk coffee(about RM5), which came with a filter that slowly drips the sieved coffee to the cup beneath.. The coffee was kao kao man! the most strong tasting coffee I ever had.. The effect at the back of my throat was very much like how alcohol savors.. Good thing her dad suggested adding water to the coffee, the diluted drink suited me much more... Perhaps this goes to show that KL people (those that I know of, anyway) are more used to diluted version of coffee... IMHO =)
Good thing I was able to sleep.. but by the time I fell asleep it's most probably 1 past..
Well pics to be included later on~ hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment